Work For Us
Who We Are
Warren Miller Entertainment is the largest, most established and successful action sports film company today. An iconic brand in the snowsports filmmaking arena, Warren Miller Entertainment has been producing films for 69 years, and continues to reach a passionate audience worldwide. The Warren Miller Film Tour serves as the official kick-off to winter and tours the U.S. from October to December, annually. The Film Tour promotes excellence in entertainment and the snowsports industry by showcasing our annual feature film and providing an exciting and unique atmosphere and an incredible event experience for our attendees, sponsors, clients, and athletes.
SPONSORSHIP & MARKETING INTERN (SUMMER 2019):
Warren Miller Entertainment is seeking a talented and organized Sponsorship and Marketing Intern in Boulder, CO. This internship is open to students who seek college credit. This is a great opportunity for networking and experience in the outdoor and sports industry.
Candidates must be detail-oriented and organized and looking to work hard while learning about events, sponsorship sales and marketing. Intern will gain event execution, sales support and account services experience. Interest in events, media and advertising is encouraged. This internship is a great opportunity for a highly motivated student who is looking for real-world experience.
- Assists with the support of sponsorship proposals for marquee events
- Develop event presentations on market-by-market basis for national-scale events
- Work with Account Managers, Marketing and Creative departments to develop, organize and design event presentation for up to 100 markets
- Event support and assistance in planning, execution and sponsorship activation for event partners and National Sponsors
- Communicate and work with event crew sponsor liaisons to receive detailed sponsor reports, photos and recap information
- Traffic sponsor ad creative, ticket fulfillment and trafficking and up-keep of general sponsor materials
- Organize, assist in management and shipping of event door prizes
- Generate detailed and timely sponsorship reports
- Organize and update sales materials
- Assist the sponsorship department with a variety of tasks when necessary and in day-to-day activities
- Assist with organization and management in various tour operational aspects
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to anticipate needs and be proactive
- Proficient internet research skills
- Honest and trustworthy - on time and ready to work
- Must work well as part of a team
- Interest in graphic design or an eye for creative design / layout encouraged but not required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle changes at a moment’s notice
- Organized, goal-oriented, excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with a willingness to learn is a must
** Students must seek formal approval for academic credit through their department(s) or advisor(s) during the SUMMER of 2019.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE EDUCATION PRODUCTION INTERN (SUMMER 2019- PARENT COMPANY "ACTIVE INTEREST MEDIA")
If you’re a motivated and self-directed college or grad-school student, we want you to join our e-learning production team in Boulder, Colo. Our 10- to 12-week internships offer upcoming content creators a glimpse into the inner workings of some of the best publications in the country: Yoga Journal, SKI, BACKPACKER, Clean Eating, Oxygen, and more. You show us hard work, and we’ll make you an integral part of a close-knit online education team.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll work directly with our small group of online education producers and walk away with real-world experience with everything it takes to produce an online course: pre-production logistics like finding a video shoot location; on-set nuances like camera angles, lighting, and talent management; building quality courses; and even get a glimpse into how courses are marketed. Find out more about what we’re doing at www.aimhealthyu.com and www.aimadventureu.com.
What’s in it for us?
You’ll do tasks that we do ourselves. Duties may include: Participating in team meetings; Helping line up video shoot details such as locations, travel logistics, crew details, shot lists, etc.; Assisting producers to prep and execute video shoots; Proofreading written content; Gathering, shooting, and/or editing photos; Building e-learning courses and course landing pages; and Editing basic html. Plus, the right candidates may get the chance to edit video. Don’t worry. We try to keep the coffee-getting to a minimum.
Qualifications: Interns must be flexible and willing to adapt to the ever-changing world of e-learning production while being reliable and not afraid to speak up. Previous related experience—video production, writing, communications—is preferred. Knowledge of and an interest in online education and content creation is required.
Deadline to apply: 1 p.m. MST, Tuesday, May 7 (for summer internships)
Start date: TBD
All internships are unpaid. Interns must receive school credit.
Please email resume and cover letter to Ryan Dionne, Online Education Producer, at email@example.com.
Calling All Outdoor Storytellers
WME is currently seeking great stories from freelance editorial contributors who are writers, photographers and/or videographers who love to seek out adventure on the side of the mountain and in the outdoors. Are you a storyteller who would like to share your passion with our audience through the written word or multimedia contributions on our website and social channels? Send us a quick note about who you are and what you consider to be your expertise to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: “Contributor”
Please include links to previously published works and social profiles along with any story/content ideas you are interested in exploring for WME.