Long Underwear Show Notes: Connery Lundin
Ski racer to Freeskiing World Tour Champion, cliff jumping and rock climbing in an effort to overcome fears, and the power of one man’s love for his Insta-famous cat.
In Episode 1 of Season 3 of Warren Miller Entertainment’s (WME) podcast “Long Underwear”, host Amie Engerbretson visits with Freeskiing World Tour Champion, Connery Lundin.
Haven’t listened to Season 1 & 2 yet? Binge here.
Listen & Subscribe to the "Long Underwear" Podcast here:
About the Athlete:
Connery grew up skiing in Squaw Valley and was a competitive ski racer until he was 18 and then made the natural transition into the world of freeskiing. In spring of 2019, he filmed with Warren Miller Entertainment for the 70th film “Timeless”, presented by Volkswagen. This is Connery’s first appearance in a Warren Miller film and he is seen in the Silverton Mountain segment, alongside Olympian mogul skier Jaelin Kauf and 2017 Freeride World champion skier Lorraine Huber.
Connery Lundin posing for the shot while on location in Silverton, Colorado for the making of "Timeless". PC: Ian Anderson
No More “S” Word:
- Amie pounces at the opportunity to ask Connery about his almost-equally famous cat, Mimsy. Though Mimsy is evasive on Connery’s Instagram feed, she is a frequent subject of his Instagram stories…
- From there, Connery talks about his passion for cliff jumping, his 100 ft. cliff jump two summers ago and his advice to folks who hope to go bigger (responsibly).
- Amie asks Connery about his fears and ironically, he admits he’s afraid of heights and then goes on to discuss his personal connection to Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Connery goes to talk about his dream alternate life and the two discuss the impact of the HBO documentary, “Momentum Generation” and what the innovation of airbags has done for sports.
- Then Connery confesses how he really talks to his cat when no one is around and he chats about the highs of being an uncle and the lows of being on a sheep farm, hungry and cold for nine hours.
- Finally, Connery wraps it up by telling his story of being a misguided 17-year-old walking around in a triple-XL Dr. Dre t-shirt with spray painted pellet gun and Amie and Connery laugh about going out of their way to avoid ever feeling pressured to buy teenagers alcohol.
Keep up Connery’s adventures here.