Long Underwear Podcast Show Notes: Bobby Brown
Exploring skiing beyond competing, killer whale tattoos, why the world needs more empathy, home renovations and hanging out with Miley Cyrus.
Be sure to rate, review and subscribe on iTunes to help spread the word.
Listen & Subscribe here:
About the Athlete
Known for big air and slopestyle freeskiing, Bobby Brown grew up in Colorado. He’s taken home multiple medals from X-Games, even garnering perfect scores and has podiumed at other major freeskiing competitions like the Dew Tour, the Breckenridge Grand Prix and the Sammy Carlson Invitational, among others. Bobby has been futured in multiple ski film and was a member of the 2010 US Olympic Freeski Team. In 2010, he became the first person to ever land a Switch Double Misty 1440 and continues to be an industry leader in park skiing. Today, he’s no longer competing but has turned his focus to video projects like “Dynamic Medium”, which was produced through Red Bull Media and explores life after competitions as a professional skier.
No More “S” Word
- Once the topic of skiing is off limits, Amie asks Bobby about his hands-on approach to renovating his home in Denver and how he’s been able to learn about construction through his handy-woman wife.
- After that, Bobby talks about his love for sports other than skiing and the two discuss why skiers are so enamored with the thought of being pro surfers.
- From there, Amie asks Bobby about what he thinks his best qualities are, what his go-to karaoke song is, and then Bobby discusses why he’s obsessed with orca whales.
- Then, Amie asks Bobby the Protect Our Winters sponsored question and Bobby explains what he’d choose to do if he had one day to make the world a better a place.
- After that, Bobby talks about the highs of spending time at home with his wife and being with his family during these unique times and how meditation has been key to helping him
- To wrap it up, Bobby tells a wild story about that one time he and Gus Kenworthy, Kolby Ward had a run in with Miley Cyrus…
Follow Bobby on his Instagram here.
Big Thanks to our Season 4 Partners: